Thoughts on the Current Structure of the Value List

Currently, the value list heavily relies on the community to make value requests where they show their trades, and tell us why they think an item should raise or lower. From there, we take that information, and their trade image to determine what the item should raise/lower to based on both sides of the trade AND all of the other requests and trades that we have available to us for that item.

The value changers discuss these proofs, and once hitting a consensus, the item updates are written. Any trades that seem sus are looked into via working with the moderation team to make sure the trade actually happened. We also ensure that the trades we are seeing are not meant to be manipulating the value of that item.

Recently, a few members have been really complaining about the was this list functions, particularly POCHO, and jayd (they will be shown in screenshots of messages below:)

As you can clearly see here, because we used proofs from value requests to lower corrupt doctor, we have members of the community whining about the changes immediately after, even though we have explained 100s of times how this list functions. This doesn’t even include the fact that I find it incredibly inappropriate for an ex-value changer to be acting like this towards the team in a public chat. I truly believe that if you have an issue with a value, you can change it by simply making requests with your trades.

I heavily believe in transparency, which is why I am sharing these screenshots and my thoughts. I think that if people are going to be saying these things, they should be put in the spotlight and explain themselves.

Pocho believes in a list where all item values are decided by a small group of people alone (no proofs required.). He thinks that the value changers should be able to change values on the list on a whim to anything they feel fits. This would open up the list to manipulation of values from the inside, which is the entire reason we require proofs for every update.

Now, I think your opinions are important on this. Please feel free to discuss how you feel about the current structure of the list and things maybe you think should change. I will also include a couple of polls on this post for you guys to answer as well, just for my own sanity.

Should Value Changers be able to change item values without trade proofs that the items are getting the value they want to change it to?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Does it make you feel better about updates when we include the proof albums along with them?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

If people are upset about items lowering, should they be value requesting their wins to counteract that?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Do you believe the majority of item values on the list are accurate? (Obviously some will be inaccurate, it is impossible to keep everything completely accurate at all times.)

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
11 Likes

Would love to see some discussion here on this.

14 Likes

Now let’s see what the real traders say about this one :eyes:

11 Likes

i think about half the items are sadly underpriced because of lack of proofs. i could name probably 30+ knives at LEAST that don’t ever trade for their value

13 Likes

pocho wishes for items values to be changed based on their own opinions. that’s absurd.
value requests show proof of an items value state. there were many of c doc consistently pulling below its current value. it’s never nice to see a good item lose it’s value, but that’s what happens when its not getting its worth.

13 Likes

I’m fan of woc 20 and I have to say it’s dead bcs new players don’t know what limits are and it’s hard to trade limits bcs everyone doesn’t care about how rare items is bcs it can be duped.like this comment if axe r is overrated and emo item🦈

15 Likes

ask anyone who has tried to trade for a gleaming in the last two months if they have been able to get one for 25k, unless they trade cluckys lucky lasher which is also definitely undervalued as well.

9 Likes

i am also a WOC20 fan :(( it’s tough out here. not only that, but when an item drops, people assume it’s only the beginning of it dropping so they start trading their items for shit offers, resulting in the value dropping even further.

11 Likes

I said do you believe the MAJORITY of knives are valued properly. Not a small group of items. Values fluctuate, and the list will never be 100% accurate because of that. However, I think anywhere from 85%-95% of items on the list are valued appropriately.

10 Likes

I stand with Pocho you know why? many items are getting undervalued like I posted a topic about otr20 being undervalued and it is hella rare to find it. Earlier you also know that woc20 was the rarest items in the game and was above all other items. Same case is with gh20 but is less. It is extremely lamenting that traders are panic trading their limiteds thinking they will drop.

Who knows that there are a bunch of manipulators who are tryna raise axe r and kill all other items?
And also, I have proof of value changes of your team saying this too like “Collecting for their own profit” Green rarity deserves more and I think stkvalue list must look onto rarity as well rather than viewing pics. There are many shark trades which are getting value requested and it is being wrongly used. Please wait patiently till I post proofs / compile old proof. Ty

10 Likes

Most show only trades that will help them when trading. For example if someone is trying to hoard and item. They go in chat and say that item is getting trash offers. And therefore they lowball it. Its so they can get it cheaper. Also if there flipping for gains they say the same thing. And get the supposedly trash item for cheap. Then they go in ts or in game and trade it for closer to value. And go back to chat and do the same thing. Repeat the cycle. By doing this they are always gaining. If they showed both sides of the trade they would essentially expose themselves and loose credibility.

11 Likes

idk maybe it would be good to make a group discussion of items people feel are personally undervalued and then have them provide justification for it (i guess like PROOFS LOL)

9 Likes

Replies are about to go absolutely beserk, I can see it now because of the amount of people who may like this decision or dislike this decision, it will be absolutely insane, can’t wait to read all the replies myself.

9 Likes

Hardly do I see anyone adhering to the value list. Like come on, I have bunch of proofs!

6 Likes

hmm okay true, my bad! would you be upset if i personally went through the entire list of items and told you/commented which ones or how many i think are undervalued? obviously my opinion alone doesn’t mean anything but i do think a lot of people will agree on certain items being under or over hyped.

9 Likes

Indeed I stand with you too

7 Likes

You’re blind if you think that. I can join a trade server right now and find multiple people following the list. You trade on Discord, and the Discord server trade chat is hell-bent on doing their own thing, regardless of what the majority of people do in the game. Your little group of trade chat traders are not the only traders in the community as it turns out.

10 Likes

As it turns out over 10k plus views on the list website states its being used.

9 Likes

I do not complement discord traders here. Even, non-discord users do not rely completely on STKValueLIst. Obviously, there will be a few who would do value trading. Count on me, 19/20th of the game’s population do not use stkvalue list. People just trade on their own will based on demand and rarity. And that is what real E-Commerce and market stock explains in real life. Stop covering up.

8 Likes

Obviously, people view the value list but none rely on it completely. I am not blaming you, you try your best to make the valuelist robust along with chrissy and fezco.

7 Likes