The Solution for Duped Items

I can see that deleting all duped items ever created is a highly requested thing to do but i wanted to come on here to voice my perspective of it and a solution for it which benefits everyone.

-Making Duped items untradeable
Since the game already has a way of recognising duped items from regular items through an encrypted tag, seperating the duped items from regular items in the inventory is a good way of solving the problem. The way this could work is

A. There becomes a visible tag on the duped item which seperates it from the regular item, much like the tag on the Test #10000 knife which seperates them (Test 1 and Test 2). The duped item becomes untradeable that way
B. The duped item stays in your regular item slot but “goes to the back of the line”. This means if you have 1 duped fey and 3 normal fey, you would be able to trade your normal feys and then your duped fey will be the last thing available and then becomes untradeable

These are my 2 current solutions i have came up with. Feel free to add more below

3 Likes

Another thing i want to add is deleting duped items. My problem with this is that people have may have paid alot of real items and got ripped off with a duped item which is unfair for the person. Deleting all duped items can’t happen without hundreds or even thousands of community members being angry about the decision.

2 Likes

This is excellent.

Well thought out from all perspectives.

The “back of the line” game mechanic is a very creative compromise.

Nicely done.

@florganborsct1

2 Likes

But if that happens it can cause another problem, it means for example some one played the game like me and i only have 1 crimson because i trade all of my valuable and non duped items for that one moment and then suddenly it will become untradable then it means my inventory will become useless now. Delete all the dupes item will might increase the value of the knife because they will become rare but the problem is majority of people already has duped items, and removing it from them by not making it tradable can cause problem because they will complain. So it means we should just be used to this duped item and forget to make your items to raise again. The developers should focus on preventing the dupes. So it means deleting the dupes is to make the limited knives to raise their value because they are now rare and differentiated from dupes but it is sound greedy too, imagine thousand of fey, crimson and arachnophobia and axe reaper and woc 20 and blood ruby and fae lament will suddenly become untradable of course they will complain because they are trying hard to get those knife then suddenly it will become untradable for them

2 Likes

If you deadass trade all your non-duped items for 1 item that turns out to be duped as your ONLY item to trade, that’s going to be on your fault mainly. It is common sense to spread your inventory out for more trading options, not limit yourself.

2 Likes

Honestly, everyone trades differently and it isn’t their fault if they got ripped off with a duped item

2 Likes

Having the dupes be untradable and still usable on your character/avatar is an interesting perspective. Adding that they become untradable does make me like this idea. thoughtful look I am not sure how this messes with values of non-duped items? If you cannot trade it, it has no value. You lose value on it either way. Do you want to keep it and use it, or lose it? That is the question.

2 Likes

It is better to keep it and make it lose all value in trading as it isn’t even meant to exist. Keeping it untradeble is a win win for everyone

3 Likes