Lets get together and fix trading

Hello so here lies an issue…
Some do trades that have no sense on why they did the trade. They say i couldnt get more or thats all they gave me. Well here lies an issue. We all have preferences right? Some like limiteds some dont and flip side. So when arguing about items we get angry and say drop this item and drop that item etc. Well we are blind to those who thrive around us when we argue about items.
I have an example and an idea.
This example shows the person using fey to flip basically axe r and dread set for snowcastle and poltergeist. They didnt need to involve fey but they did. And instead of some of us noticing. We argued about the specs and the limiteds.
Instead why dont we all come together and put our preferences aside and expose those who are trying to kill trading… yes there trying to kill the art form we love. There not trying to kill limited/specs. Its trading.
we expose them vs argujng with each other.
I told them to gontrading chat and say this.
Trading axe r and dread set for snowcastle and poltergeist… simple enough…
Be smart and happy trading.

11 Likes

Why’s Fey still 10M value if it rarely ever gets that in the community, including Trade Servers? @polar0750

4 Likes

One option, just as a possible suggestion, do another value revamp (A better one) since value trading doesn’t pertain well towards numerous items in the simplest trades given.

I mean, there are people coming in daily to pull the infamous Axe R flip schemes just because they can’t have the patience to trade the highest valued items without resorting to some demand bullshit saying " this item only gets this" or “this item gets more”.

2 Years Ago, some people who owned Fey would trade at most once every month, fast forward now, people want to trade those items MULTIPLE times on a daily basis.

9 Likes

Exactly. Why not have a revamp to make values accurate, and then use the old method of value updating by not requiring proofs (since we arent getting as much value requests anymore). This way, the list can be accurate and we would be able to maintain that accuracy.

Seems to me like the only way.

4 Likes

I completely agree with the sentiment shared by polar0750. The discussion highlights a crucial aspect of trading within communities— the tendency for individuals to sometimes make trades that might not seem logical to others, often leading to disputes over item values and trading strategies. It’s a reminder that personal preferences in trading, can vary widely. These preferences can lead to disagreements, especially when individuals focus solely on their own interests without considering the broader community or the actual art of trading.

5 Likes

Yeah i totally agree…

4 Likes

@cybertrist What do you think abt the idea of having a big revamp to make values accurate to what they go for in the community, and then utilize the old method of updating to maintain that accuracy?

5 Likes

The post shows why its perceived to not be worth its value. If you take fey out of the equation then what does it show? Dont focus on fey focus on the items being flipped. Make sense? Fey didnt gain or loose in this case. He got and gave so fey washes itself out. His gains or losses are the items around fey.

7 Likes

True but like I asked in the first reply:

If fey is able to be traded away and to other like this so commonly, why is Fey still 10m value if that doesnt reflect what it gets in the community?

5 Likes

Based on that last poll I did, most people tend to think that the majority of items are correct in terms of their value. I think if we were to do anything it wouldn’t really be considered a “revamp”, but more so an adjustment of the higher value items that aren’t quite right right now. In my mind at least, a revamp would be almost the entire list.

Not necessarily saying I disagree with you by the way, I just feel like word choice is important.

4 Likes

Doesn’t add up since most of THOSE people that vote on that still don’t do value trading directly on most of their trades given.

7 Likes

There shouldnt be a re vamp it will never be 100% accurate. Someone will have a difference in opinon. Lets get together and focus on the issues at hand first. Fix the trading perceptions that you need for example fey to flip axe r and dread set for poltergeist and snowcastle. These issues are why people say items are inaccurate. If we fix this and fix the differences we all have then whats left? A UNIFIED FRONT… then we can work together for the betterment of trading. AS A UNIFIED FRONT.

5 Likes

Yea that is true. They can say most values are accurate but when it is time to trade, they completely disregard what is Listed because they’ve stopped believeing it alrdy.

7 Likes

Yes i agree with you. Imagine if the ones that actually cared about trading all got together and were unified?? HUGE

5 Likes

They need a reason to believe in the list again.

The only way to truly save the list at this point, is to have a revamp of all big items and then utilize the old method of updating (not requiring proofs).

Since less and less are value requesting, there isnt enough to have efficient updates and maintain accuracy. This is the only way really.

5 Likes

people are probably scared to trade by looking at the value rn because a lot of manipulation issue that is going on rn. so they decided to join in their culture and starting doing the same shit such as trading meda for 2 axe r. they are afraid to get sharked or sum

4 Likes

When I say majority of the items on the list are considered accurate, I’m talking about items that are like, 100k value and below (437 items). The items >100k (66 items), are the ones that seem to have the most inaccuracies.

5 Likes

Agreed. Trading is something that was added to the game in order for all of us to enjoy and take part of once we know we had items that were worth trading. Obviously nowadays, people tend to either go against the list or a certain item or will just try to do something impulsive altogether. If we all get on the same page as polar stated, we can fix trading and help come up with a simple solution that will satisfy us all. It’s okay to have differing opinions, but it’s not okay to simply destroy the economy of trading by accepting trades you know are not enough for a certain item.

6 Likes

You should disable axe trading to stop all these noobs giving fey for axe and restore the value
Also seen in the ss it’s mostly not in English that the taxes go by so it can be a community trying just to manipulate the item as the trades as far as I have noticed are in some other language which offer feyyyyy and other good knifes for axe and other specs

5 Likes

I don’t think that would ever happen and Jesse doesn’t have the power to do that.

4 Likes